Effective Date: 05/09/2023
This Policy is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant UK data protection legislation.
1. Data Collection
We collect the following personal data:
- Name and Email Address: When you comment on articles, make an enquiry, or sign up for our newsletter.
2. Data Use
Your data is used for the following purposes:
- Communication: To respond to enquiries, comments, or to send newsletters and promotional material.
- Website Improvement: For analytics and performance monitoring via hosting analytics.
- Affiliate Marketing: Through Amazon Affiliates for product recommendations.
- Advertisements: Through Google Ads to serve relevant advertisements to users.
3. Third-Party Data Sharing
We share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Amazon Affiliates: When you click on an affiliate link, Amazon may receive data about your interactions. Their data use is described in Amazon’s Privacy Notice.
- Hosting Provider: For the purpose of analytics and performance tracking.
These third parties have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
4. Data Storage
We store your personal data on secure servers. We use appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data.
5. Your Rights
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access: You have the right to access your personal data.
- Right to Rectification: You can ask us to correct any inaccurate personal data about you.
- Right to Erasure: You can ask us to erase your personal data.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Object: You can object to our processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: You can ask for a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [your contact email].
7. Children’s Privacy
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us.
We may update this Policy from time to time. We advise you to review this page periodically for any changes.
9. Contact Us